Founded in 1994, Certes Financial Pros specializes in placing senior level financial professionals with clients needing finance and accounting staffing support on a project, interim, and permanent basis. Certes places emphasis on the individual needs of employees and clients and fosters a culture based on work/life balance and a better night's sleep for all financial professionals. We serve public and private companies, both large and small, including over half of the Fortune 500 companies in town and more than 25% of all public companies in the Twin Cities. Our client list also includes public accounting firms, nonprofit work, educational institutions, and government.
In November 2007, Certes joined SNI Companies to become their platform for senior level growth in the finance and accounting market nationally. SNI Companies ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and has been named to Staffing Industry Analysts' list of the fastest growting private staffing companies in the U.S. Visit www.snicompanies.com for more information.
• Input on pay, scheduling, and project selection.
• Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits including 401K with matching contribution and other before-tax benefits.
• Up to six months leave of absence without losing benefits.
• Free use of two executive vacation homes in Florida and Minnesota.
• Complimentary tickets to sporting events and local theater.
We create a welcoming environment which allows our employees to express their true needs.
By meeting those needs, we will attract and retain the best employees.
By having the best employees, we can provide the best quality to our clients.
We practice integrity, honesty, and respect in all our dealings.
Our goal is to be a bridge to a better life for the financial community - clients and employees alike.
Awards & Accolades:
2011 Top Workplaces, Star Tribune
2010 Minnesota Business Ethics Award
2009 Integrity Award Winner, Better Business Bureau
2009 Great Place to Work, Minnesota Monthly magazine
2008 Integrity Award Finalist, Better Business Bureau
2008 Top Women in Finance Award, Finance and Commerce
2008 Best Places to Work Award (#2 in medium company category), Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
2008 Women in Business Woman to Watch Award, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
2008 Woman of Achievement, National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter - Dori Estrella
2008 Upsize Lifeline Award, Upsize Magazine
2008 Minnesota Work-Life Champion: Outstanding Employer Award
2008 Minnesota Work-Life Innovative Initiative Award
2007 Small Business Success Stories Award, Twin Cities Business
2007 Best Places to Work Award (#6 in medium company category), Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
2007 Woman of Achievement, National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter
- Tami Farrell LaQua
2006 Top Women in Finance Award - Karen Oman, Finance and Commerce
2006 Women in Business Industry Leader Award, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
2006 Minnesota Work-Life Advocate Award
2005 Woman of Achievement,
National Association of Women Business Owners - Minnesota Chapter - Melanie Martz
2004 Profiled in McGraw
Hill's college textbook, "Understanding Business."
2004 Woman of Achievement,
National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter - Kris Larson
2004 Woman of Achievement,
National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter - Melanie Martz
2003 Woman of Achievement,
National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter - Sally Mainquist
2003 Ernst & Young
Entrepreneur of the Year - Business Services - MN/Dakotas - Karen Oman
2003 One of Ten Best Bosses, Fortune Small Business - Karen Oman
2002 Women Business
Owner of the Year, National Association of Women Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter
- Karen Oman
2000 National Best Employer, Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards, Working Woman Magazine
Media Coverage: Fortune Small Business (one of four Perky Places to Work),
Minnesota Work-Life Champions,
FOX9, WCCO TV, KCCO Radio, MPR, Wall Street Journal Sunday, Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, Upsize Minnesota, Twin Cities Business, Minnesota Business. Nationally syndicated news show, "Smart Woman."
Sally Mainquist, CPA
President & CEO, Certes Financial Pros
Married to Kent Mainquist with two children, Susan and Reed.
• Sally joined Certes Financial Pros in 1999 and assumed the role of President and CEO in May 2007. Previous roles at Certes have included Director of Client Services, Vice President of Client Services, and Sr. Vice President of Client Services.
• Sally began her career in 1980 at KPMG in Minneapolis. She then spent 12 years in progressive roles at Graco, Inc., including: Financial Reporting Supervisor, Corporate Reporting Manager, Senior Cost Accounting Analyst, Manager of Manufacturing Planning and Administration, and Factory Manager. In 1994, Sally joined Recovery Engineering and spent four years as the Vice President of Manufacturing.
• Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota - Board Member
• League of Catholic Women - Board Member and co-chair, membership committee
• Menttium 100 Mentor
• University of Northern Iowa Accounting Alumni Organization - Steering Committee Leader
• Financial Executives International (FEI)
• Minnesota Society of CPA's (MNCPA)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Catholic League of Women - 1st Impressions volunteer
• U of M - Carlson School Mentor
• Maple Grove Citizens Long-Term Improvement Chairwoman
• Lord of Life Personnel Committee
• CROSS food shelf volunteer
• Basswood Elementary PTO
• Eden Programs Treasurer of Board (non-profit drug rehab)
• Paradigm Group for VP's of Manufacturing
• Manufacturers Alliance
• Phi Beta Lambda, National VP and State President
1980 Certified Public Accountant, Iowa
1980 Bachelor of Arts degree, Accounting, University of Northern Iowa